Contractors Anonymous Website Terms & Conditions
1.1 Your Consent
You agree that by clicking “Join Us”, “Join Contractors Anonymous”, “Sign Up” or similar, registering, accessing or using our services (described below), you are agreeing to enter into a legally binding contract with Contractors Anonymous (even if you are using our Services on behalf of a company). If you do not agree to this contract (“Contract” or “User Agreement”), do not click “Join Us” (or similar) and do not access or otherwise use any of our Services.
This Contract applies to contractors-anonymous.co.uk and all Contractors Anonymous related sites, apps, communications and other services that state that they are offered under this Contract (“Services”), including the offsite collection of data for those Services, such as our ads and any associated plugins. Registered users of our Services are “Members” and unregistered users are “Visitors”. This Contract applies to both.
You are entering into this Contract with Medsham Limited trading as Contractors Anonymous (also referred to as “we” and “us”). and your personal data provided to, or collected by or for, our Services is controlled by Medsham Limited.
1.2 Members and Visitors
When you register and join the Contractors Anonymous Service, you become a Member. If you have chosen not to register for our Services, you may access certain features as a visitor.
2.1 Service Eligibility
The Services are not for use by anyone under the age of 16.
To use the Services, you agree that: (1) you must be the “Minimum Age“ (described below) or older; (2) you will only have one Contractors Anonymous account which must be in your real name; and (3) you are not already restricted by us from using the Services.
“Minimum Age” means 16 years old. However, if law requires that you must be older in order for Contractors Anonymous to lawfully provide the Services to you without parental consent (including using of your personal data) then the Minimum Age is such older age.
2.2 Your Account
Members are account holders. You agree to: (1) try to choose a strong and secure password; (2) keep your password secure and confidential; (3) not transfer any part of your account (e.g., connections) and (4) follow the law and our list of Dos and Don’ts. You are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
If you buy any of our paid Services or paid Membership Levels, you agree to pay us the applicable fees and taxes and to additional terms specific to the paid Services. Failure to pay these fees will result in the termination of your paid Services. Also, you agree that:
- Your purchase may be subject to foreign exchange fees or differences in prices based on location (e.g. exchange rates).
- We may store and continue billing your payment method (e.g. credit card) even after it has expired, to avoid interruptions in your Services and to use to pay other Services you may buy.
- If you purchase a subscription, your payment method automatically will be charged at the start of each subscription period for the fees and taxes applicable to that period. To avoid future charges, cancel before the renewal date using your membership profile.
- All of your purchases of Services are subject to our refund policy.
- We may calculate taxes payable by you based on the billing information that you provide us at the time of purchase.
You can get a copy of your invoice through your Contractors Anonymous membership settings under “Invoices and payments”.
2.4 Notices and Service Messages
You agree that we will provide notices to you in the following ways: (1) a notice within the Service, or (2) a message sent to the contact information you provided us (e.g., email, mobile number, physical address). You agree to keep your contact information up to date.
Please review your settings to control and limit the messages you receive from us.
Our Services allow messaging and sharing of information in many ways, such as your profile, links to news articles, job postings, direct messages and blogs. Information and content that you share or post may be seen by other Members or Visitors. Where we have made settings available, we will honour the choices you make about who can see content or information (e.g., message content to your addressees, sharing content only to your connections, restricting your profile visibility from search engines, or opting not to notify others of your profile update).
We are not obligated to publish any information or content on our Service and can remove it in our sole discretion, with or without notice.
- Rights and Limits
3.1. Your Licence to Contractors Anonymous
As between you and us, you own the content and information that you submit or post to the Services and you are only granting Contractors Anonymous and our affiliates the following non-exclusive license: A worldwide, transferable and sub licensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish, and process, information and content that you provide through our Services, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others. These rights are limited in the following ways:
- You can end this licence for specific content by deleting such content from the Services, or generally by closing your account, except (a) to the extent you shared it with others as part of the Service and they copied, re-shared it or stored it and (b) for the reasonable time it takes to remove from backup and other systems.
- We will get your consent if we want to give third parties the right to publish your posts beyond the Service. However, other Members and/or Visitors may access and share your content and information, consistent with your choices.
- While we may edit and make formatting changes to your content (such as translating it, modifying the size, layout or file type or removing metadata), we will not modify the meaning of your expression.
- Because you own your content and information and we only have non-exclusive rights to it, you may choose to make it available to others, including under the terms of a Creative Commons license.
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding our Services to us, you agree that Contractors Anonymous can use and share (but does not have to) such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
You agree to only provide content or information that does not violate the law nor anyone’s rights (including intellectual property rights). You also agree that your profile information will be truthful. Contractors Anonymous may be required by law to remove certain information or content in certain countries.
3.2 Service Availability
We may change or discontinue any of our Services. We don’t promise to store or keep showing any information and content that you’ve posted.
3.3 Other Content, Sites and Apps
By using the Services, you may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Contractors Anonymous generally does not review content provided by our Members or others. You agree that we are not responsible for others’ (including other Members’) content or information. We cannot always prevent this misuse of our services, and you agree that we are not responsible for any such misuse.
Contractors Anonymous reserves the right to limit your use of the Services, including the number of your connections and your ability to contact other Members. Contractors Anonymous reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if we believe that you may be in breach of this Contract or law or are misusing the Services (e.g. violating any Do and Don’ts).
3.5 Intellectual Property Rights
Contractors Anonymous reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Services. Using the Service does not give you any ownership in our Services or the content or information made available through our Services. Trademarks and logos used in connection with the Services are be the trademarks of their respective owners. Contractors Anonymous logos and other Contractors Anonymous trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used for our Services are trademarks or registered trademarks of Contractors Anonymous.
- Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
4.1 No Warranty
To the extent allowed under law, Contractors Anonymous and its affiliates (and those that we work with to provide services)
(A) Disclaim all implied warranties and representations (E.G. Warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of data and non infringement);
(B) Do not guarantee that the services will function without interruption or errors
(C) Provide the service (including content and information) on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis.
Some laws do not allow certain disclaimers, so some or all of these disclaimers may not apply to you.
4.2 Exclusion of Liability
To the extent permitted under law (and unless Contractors Anonymous has entered into a separate written agreement that overrides this contract), Contractors Anonymous and its affiliates (and those that we work with to provide the services) shall not be liable to you or others for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, or any loss of data, opportunities, reputation, profits or revenues, related to the services (e.g. offensive or defamatory statements, down time or loss, use of, or changes to, your information or content).
This limitation of liability is the basis of the agreement between you and Contractors Anonymous and shall apply to all claims of liability (e.g. Warranty, Tort, Negligence, Contract, Law), even if Contractors Anonymous has been told of the possibility of any such damage, and even if these remedies fail their essential purpose.
Both you and Contractors Anonymous may terminate this Contract at any time with notice to the other. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the Services. The following shall survive termination:
- Our rights to use and disclose your feedback;
- Members and/or Visitors’ rights to further re-share content and information you shared through the Service to the extent copied or re-shared prior to termination;
- Sections 4, 6 and 7 of this Contract;
- Any amounts owed by either party prior to termination remain owed after termination.
You can visit this link to close your account.
- Dispute Resolution
In the unlikely event we end up in a legal dispute, we agree to resolve it in the English courts (using English law).
If you live in the European Union: You agree that the laws of England, shall exclusively govern any dispute relating to this Contract and/or the Services. We both agree that all of these claims can only be litigated in London, England and we each agree to personal jurisdiction of the courts located in London, England.
For all others, including those who live inside the United States, you agree that the laws of England, shall exclusively govern any dispute relating to this Contract and/or the Services. We both agree that all of these claims can only be litigated in London, England and we each agree to personal jurisdiction of the courts located in London, England.
- General Terms
If a court with authority over this Contract finds any part of it not enforceable, you and us agree that the court should modify the terms to make that part enforceable while still achieving its intent. If the court cannot do that, you and us agree to ask the court to remove that unenforceable part and still enforce the rest of this Contract. To the extent allowed by law, the English language version of this Contract is binding and other translations are for convenience only. This Contract (including additional terms that may be provided by us when you engage with a feature of the Services) is the only agreement between us regarding the Services and supersedes all prior agreements for the Services.
If we don’t act to enforce a breach of this Contract, that does not mean that Contractors Anonymous has waived its right to enforce this Contract. You may not assign or transfer this Contract (or your membership or use of Services) to anyone without our consent. However, you agree that Contractors Anonymous may assign this Contract to its affiliates or a party that buys it without your consent. There are no third party beneficiaries to this Contract.
We reserve the right to change the terms of this Contract and will provide you notice if we do and we agree that changes cannot be retroactive. If you don’t agree to these changes, you must stop using the Services.
You agree that the only way to provide us legal notice is at the addresses provided in Section 10.
- Contractors Anonymous “Dos” and “Don’ts”
You agree that you will:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated;
- Use your real name when registering as a member;
- Use the Services in a professional manner.
You agree that you will not:
- Act in an unlawful or unprofessional manner in connection with our Services, including being dishonest, abusive or discriminatory;
- Post inaccurate, defamatory obscene, shocking, hateful, threatening or otherwise inappropriate content or airing personal grievances or disputes;
- Create a false identity when creating your account on Contractors Anonymous. The occasional creation of clearly fictional profiles by us or with our express permission in connection with a promotional campaign does not waive this obligation;
- Misrepresent your identity when creating your account (e.g. by using a pseudonym), your current or previous positions, qualifications or affiliations with a person or entity;
- Create a Member profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person);
- Use or attempt to use another’s account;
- Harass, abuse or harm another person;
- Send or post any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any form of solicitation unauthorised by us;
- Develop, support or use software, devices, scripts, robots, or any other means or processes (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, or any other technology or manual work) to scrape the Services or otherwise copy profiles and other data from the Services;
- Bypass or circumvent any access controls or Service use limits (such as caps on keyword searches);
- Copy, use, disclose or distribute any information obtained from the Services, whether directly or through third parties (such as search engines), without our consent;
- Solicit email addresses or other personal information from Members you don’t know, without authorisation.
- Use, disclose or distribute any data obtained in violation of this policy;
- Disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer));
- Violate the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights. For example, do not copy or distribute (except through the available sharing functionality) the posts or other content of others without their permission, which they may give by posting under a Creative Commons license;
- Violate the intellectual property or other rights of Contractors Anonymous, including, without limitation, (i) copying or distributing our learning videos or other materials or (ii) copying or distributing our technology, unless it is released under open source licenses; (iii) using the words “Contractors Anonymous” or our logos in any business name, email, or URL except when express permission has been granted;
- Use invitations to send messages to people who don’t know you or who are unlikely to recognize you as a known contact;
- Post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code;
- Manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or post transmitted through the Services.
- Create profiles or provide content that promotes escort services or prostitution.
- Create or operate a pyramid scheme, fraud or other similar practice;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology that is not open source;
- Imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by Contractors Anonymous without our express consent;
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell access to the Services or related data;
- Sell, sponsor, or otherwise monetize any Service without our consent;
- Deep-link to our Services for any purpose other than to promote your profile or a Group on our Services, without our consent;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on our Service;
- Remove, cover or obscure any advertisement included on the Services;
- Use bots or other automated methods to access the Services, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages;
- Monitor the Services’ availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Services;
- Overlaying or otherwise modifying the Services or their appearance;
- Access the Services except through the interfaces expressly provided by us, such as its website and any official mobile applications;
- Use a Service for tasks that it is not intended for;
- Override any security feature of the Services;
- Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Services (e.g., spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms); and/or
- Violate the Community Guidelines or any additional terms concerning a specific Service that are provided when you sign up for or start using such Service.
- Complaints Regarding Content
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. We require that information posted by Members be accurate and not in violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties. We provide a process for complaints concerning content posted by our Members.
- How To Contact Us
If you want to send us notices or service of process, please contact us